Turkey Day Marathon
Round these parts Turkey Day doesn’t mean much, and I’m quite used to it. Hell, I’m a card carrying European, so this shit is normal for me. But alas, as my m?ezinha reminded me this afternoon, this holiday is part of my culture.
So on that note, I bring you – yet another list – stuff I praise the golden calf for bringing this earth:
– A-Ren, my nephew celebrating his first gobble gobble.
– Amsterdam, the city she loves me, celebrating our third bird together.
– My family, in Portugal, Brussels, and especially Jersey, who called to say they miss me, and the entire office knew it was a mom conversation even though they couldn’t understand the Portuguese.
– Shirtsleaves in Rome, who sent me a kickass veggie-lasagne recipe for my 1-day late celebration tomorrow night.
– XTX, cause I heart her alot, and she’s the best dam wingwoman on the blogosphere.
– Ukrainian Demonstrators, for showing the world that they can brave harsh weather and fatigue and demand some real democracy instead of the bullshit they’re handed.
– The internets, cause they have taught me more about who I am and what I’m capable of.
– Tony Pierce, who’s ass just published a book, and of course, I have ordered it.
– Ethiopia, for accepting the border/peace agreement with Eritrea, thereby ensuring my future visit.
– Ms. Thingk, who I’m happy to be cooking with on this holiday.
– My boys in Portugal, the craziest and best support group a guy can have.
– Marty McFly in Stockholm, for teaching me Din n?sa ?r som ett wedge ost, dina ?gon som choclat chips.* which is all I will say to charm Swedish ladies.
– The D-Rock
– All ye blogreaders, you’re good folk and I hope you enjoy.
Oof I just left off a ton of people that deserve to be on here. ~wink wink~ and and lest I not forget you over there, ^wink wink^.
There, now everyone feels included, and no one hates me. Except the pope, but he’s grumpy all the time.
* You nose is like a wedge of cheese, your eyes are like chocolate chips.
Today’s Sounds: RFI – A l? une