Friends International is a very unique organization doing some very revolutionary work in an often overlooked part of the world with the most overlooked people on this planet- street children. While in Phnom Penh I stumbled upon one of their restaurants by luck and asked about doing an interview. One day later, I was sitting down with Sébastien Marot, the international coordinator of friends international. Following the interview, he introduced me to actress, activist and concerned citizen Leslie Hope who also sat down for a drink with me to talk about the film she had just completed about Friends entitled – What I See When I Close My Eyes. After this surprise interview, I joined them both at the film screening and had one of the more unforgettable nights of my visit to Cambodia.
- I highly recommend learning about friends international
- Childsafe International
- as well as getting your hands on and passing on word about the film: What I See When I Close My Eyes
Music in this episode:
- The Breeders – Wicked Little Town
- Utah Phillips – Kid’s Liberation
- Phil Ochs. – Outside of a Small Circle of Friends