bm245 Helping the World Tell Stories

There are many people throughout the world with a story they would like to tell. There are many conflicts and misunderstandings that could be avoided if people would speak directly to each other. These are only two of the thoughts that drive Ryanne and Jay in the work that they do as videobloggers and teachers.

Us in Red In this podcast they join me to discuss how they see the world of video on the internet and where it could go in the future. We also get into the project they’ve been working on, Show in a Box, and how it could change the way people publish on the internet. Along the way we mention OpenCongress and Swajana.

You can follow their work on sustainability, at Ryan is Hungry¬†and also Ryanne’s vlog at Ryannedit.

7 thoughts on “bm245 Helping the World Tell Stories

• January 21, 2008 at 2:22 am

Hi Mark, I’m not quite through this episode yet, but while listening and clicking thru the links you posted, I just noticed that the link for Ryanne’s vlog is not working. I suppose the actual address is http://ryanedit.blogspot.com/ mysteriously with only one ‘n’. Greetings.

• January 21, 2008 at 9:18 am

ugh. yah. too many links. thanks.

• January 22, 2008 at 2:17 am

It was great talking with you. Ryanne and I were amazed at the sound quality. we need that for our videos.

Trivia fact: her real name is Ryan (like boy), but spells it Ryanne so onliners know she’s a girl.

• January 22, 2008 at 9:30 am

yes likewise my friend. I too need that sound qual in my videos.. but never want to carry two devices for one recording.

TRivia fact — I had no idea. WAs wondering. Noticed you call her Ryan and say… Michael clearly pronounces RyAnne. Ive always been in between.. trying not to stress the Anne nor the Ry. Now I know.

• January 24, 2008 at 3:47 am

this podcast was good. I mean warm feeling in my tummy at the end good.

thanks for the reminder about what this new media is really all about…..what it CAN be about, anyway.

Seriously. Very inspiring show. Thank you.

• February 8, 2008 at 7:03 pm

When you mentioned about being citizens of the web, rather then one particular country I was like “that’s right!!!!”. As we’re becoming less and less attached to the land or even one language (as in my and I see your case too) internet is evolving into a hemisphere truly with no boundaries. All I wish is more and more people had access to the technologies that we are here taking for granted.
    My positive energy to You All,
    Eveli

• February 9, 2008 at 3:00 am

Thanks Eveli! you said it. same holds true for me and my hopes.