Survey Question

Quick question to all readers, frequent or infrequent… do you find the comment system to be adequate? I’m considering switching to the native wordpress comments, which means some additional features that would be good for me and you, including being able to respond to individual comments as a sub thread.. that way you know whos talking to who.
If I do it, you wont see the old comments anymore. I have them saved, but the public will not see them.

Leave a quick comment to say if you think the current comment system isn’t good.

UPDATE: OK, Ive now moved comments to the wordpress native system. Unfortunately several years of spam were sitting on the system. Now cleaning them up and losing many hours of sleep to them. But from now on you can not only comment directly below, you can also respond to individual comments OR leave a comment to the original post. watch below and you’ll see an example.

7 thoughts on “Survey Question

• October 17, 2007 at 12:56 am

sure why not? variety is the spice of life…whatever is better for you friend, I’m just happy to have this blog as a resource

• October 17, 2007 at 1:22 am

Hey Cat.. glad to hear from you on this.. many people also chimed in on the other system all agreeing with you. So here we are.. new system.. hopefully the transition goes smoothly. Too bad the old comments will have to be archived and wont be visible to the public. Time to build new comment discussions.

• October 17, 2007 at 1:23 am

Look up and activate the Akismet Spam plugin for wordpress. It slows it down a good deal.

• October 17, 2007 at 1:28 am

Thanks Chris. I cant believe how many hours Im spending on this crap.. Im supposed to be citizen reporting.. instead Im doing the typical blog housekeeping talk. FOR SHAME. but still. thanks.

• October 17, 2007 at 2:00 am

Much nicer.

Ditto for Akismet Then, use engtech’s (internetducttape.com) auntie spam to easily sweep through the junk.

PS– there’s some error message about threaded comments, but I’m blocking off-site scripts.

• October 18, 2007 at 6:52 am

I be happy to discuss a new ‘Marshall Plan’ based on microeconomics, to tackle global poverty and corruption.

• October 18, 2007 at 1:01 pm

Sounds excellent Jeff… Ill email you now.