Catching up on news from the past few days, I found time to look into some details until now I had not seen. As I read the list of who gave what for the Hurricane Recovery from around the world, it’s really interesting to see how the world can be. Take a look for yourselves:
- Kuwait: 500 million (makes sense considering what the US spends on Kuwait)
- Qatar: 100 millon, including 17.5 mil to Xavier University
- Saudi Arabia and UAE: 100 million each
- India and China, 5 million each
- Bangladesh: 1 million (I’m impressed.)
- Sri Lanka: 25,000
- Cyprus and Dominican Republic: 50,000 each
- Ghana: 15,000
- Denmark: An oceanliner docked in Baton Rouge which houses evacuees
Of course there’s alot more. Some is direct, but much is actually through organizations. Lots of donor countries, especially the EU, didn’t do the direct money thing, probably because they’re well aware how many can be mismanaged. Hopefully that doesn’t happen in Louisiana… but considering how corrupt the national government and the shakey record of the local government in places like New Orleans.. everyone should keep on eye on this.
Speaking of eyes on New Orleans and hurricane recovery, I’m subscribed to miss B. havens vlog, and you should see their place down there.