ctrp330 Thoughts on Upcoming Siberia Journey and More

In less than one month I will be in Siberia, at the University of Tomsk where I will be guest lecturing for a few days. After that I will set off to several parts of Siberia and eventually if all goes well, on to Mongolia.  The following podcast, instead of the usual interview style program I do, is simply me testing out the old binaural microphones while walking around my house explaining the trip as well as my recent guest lecture at Erasmus University in Rotterdam. Its odd to think that 6 years ago when this podcast got started, this style was quite common.

9 thoughts on “ctrp330 Thoughts on Upcoming Siberia Journey and More

• March 17, 2010 at 3:08 pm

what have the pleasure of attending a lecture here in BRAZIL, bon voyage and good luck

• March 19, 2010 at 12:48 am

Just a quick note; Wanda Wisdom’s podcast is still going strong — she’s closing in on ‘her’ 1,000th podcast.

• March 21, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Um dia LP… vou la visitar o Brasil! É um sonho meu!

• March 21, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Thats Rick. I know via Yeast Radio Wanda’s going strong and renamed it the “program” according to Cheryl rumors. But what about her relationship with Lavender Mag? wow im lazy, I could just click over and look.

• March 22, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Yes, she’s still supported by Lavender. And it’s called the ‘progrum’ which is, I believe, ‘program’ in Cheryl’s accent.

• April 18, 2010 at 10:14 am

remember those white balls in your ears!

nice trip down memory lane.

• April 20, 2010 at 8:20 am

Michael Dear — I used United vloggers as a source for many inspiring videos during my lectures… super handy the ol site! Showed lots of our favorites from the good ol days.

Yes the strange ear microphones are back!

• May 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm

listening now…

World of podcasting diversified and dissipated (via the big broadcasters and iTunes muscling in) in the large – I bet a lot of the kids knew YouTube and streaming services and Twitter.

Weirdly I was thinking about this yesterday and Podshow cos Twinkleboi twittered an interview with me years ago at PodcastCon06 – and I got to thinking about alternative realities and what would have happened if I’d signed up with Podshow…that never would have happened, but I still get listeners to my podcast surprised that I have got exactly £0 (actually I got $5 once, but near that) and no follow on work from the podcast….some people went into creating their own consultancies or did the Podshow thing…

Interesting though there wasn’t any switch to megastar by podcasters – podcasters and bloggers stayed where they was – or went into video. No official stars….it’s like the mashup scene – very few went beyond that world, hence why your students probably didn’t know about podcasts….like mashups apart from about 5-10 cases it never got beyond talking to DJs and mashup people – or other podcasters and bloggers.

But I’d say you are a success from your travels and opportunities…(I doubt I could do the same visiting lecturer for mashups!) social and travel, that’s what it’s about…the friends you make and people you meet. But the money thing still hasn’t worked itself out, people still doing it are doing it for love, not money.

• May 2, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Hmm interesting question of what happened to people from back in the day. TO hear that most stayed who they were and didnt become stars.. i think thats a good thing. am I successful based on travels and oppertunities? pretty successful but Im way too close to being broke to be considered a true success story. It just happens that Ive thrown caution to the wind financially in exchange for interesting experiences and adventures. Oh and I still think you COULD travel and lecture about mashups.